20% Increase in spatial plan compliance using TIMining Delta
At Minera Antucoya, the short term mine plan spatial compliance is a key operational indicator that is closely monitored by the company’s leadership team. During Q1 of 2019 Minera Antucoya sought to improve compliance levels, however the reconciliation and reporting work was highly time consuming for the mining planners and engineers and therefore made it difficult to deliver the critical information in a timely fashion
To solve this problem the Short Term Planning team at Minera Antucoya implemented systematic control and management processes of the mining plan compliance together with TIMining Delta software. Here is what occurred:
- The frequency of spatial reconciliations was increased from monthly to weekly.
- The spatial plan compliance indicator was automated.
- Plan deviations were timely and continually addressed
Due to the processes implemented and the timely availability of information, the spatial plan compliance improved in more than a 20% overall. Additional benefits included:
- Compliance results are now monitored weekly and thereby avoiding month-end deviations, thanks to the new technology .
- Measurement and reconciliation engineers save at least 1 day of work per month, to now perform analysis tasks.
- The calculations are currently independent of the criteria of the engineer on duty.
“Spatial compliance of the extraction sequence is a high impact variable in the business. The need to obtain rapid results and carry out frequent controls led us to develop a tool that allows us to synthetize measurements from several sources. By way of these indications we were able to reduce the amount of time required from hours of work to minutes.”
Javier Morales Senior Mine Planner Antucoya